We value your privacy – our Privacy Guarantee
By using our website, our social media pages, or by purchasing in-store products for delivery, you are acknowledging that we are processing your personal information, and where necessary consenting to such practices as outlined in this statement.
This statement of our policy fully discloses the following information:
- Personal information
- How we use your information
- Data Retention
- Information Security
- Transfers of your information out of the EEA
- Your rights
- Sharing your information
- Business Transitions
- Behavioural Advertising
- Legal disclaimer
- Notification of changes
- Contact details
You should check this policy occasionally to ensure that you are aware of the most recent version that will apply each time you access the website. Last updated: 22 May 2018.
We collect personal information about you (and about others if you provide their personal information) when you place an order on our website, register or alter details on our customer portal, sign up for our newsletter or other marketing emails, telephone us, email us, use the help function on our website, contact us through our social media portals, make a complaint to us, participate in competitions run by us or use our website. The information collected may include:
- Your name
- Postal address
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Behavioural data (see cookies information below)
- Log files - this includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp and number of clicks.
We may also obtain information about you from social media providers (e.g. Twitter/Facebook) or from third party websites (e.g. Trip Advisor) where you have left feedback about us.
We do not store credit card information, this goes directly to our payment processing partners. We use an outside company for credit card processing company to collect money from customers’ credit cards. These companies do not automatically retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes.
How we use your information
We collect personal information to:
- Fulfil our obligations under the contract enacted through the purchase of our goods. This may include:
- Payments and delivery (confirmation of your payment, update you on the dispatch and delivery of your order, provide updates on delivery times etc)
- Customer service communication - to respond to a query that you may have asked us
- To provide assistance in completing purchases (reminders on your basket)
- Maintain your Foxford customer profile (so that you don’t have to re-enter your details when making a repeat purchase, or forgotten password emails)
- With your consent, create a profile about you for marketing purposes, to tailor our communications to you, inform you about promotional offers, and other products that may be of interest to you.
- In our legitimate interest, to improve our services e.g. customizing our website, monitoring calls to train staff on customer service, to improve our products, or to conduct research, statistical analysis or behavioural analysis. This may include sending information relating to customers, sales, and traffic patterns to reputable third parties.
- In our legitimate interest, to protect against fraud. e.g improving our website to prevent or detect fraud, enabling third parties to carry out technical functions on our behalf, to block suspected fraudulent activity
- In order to meet our legal obligations; for example with regards to taxation
If you have consented, we may periodically send promotional material to you about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting based on the profile we have created about you to the email addresses and phone numbers which you have provided.
We will always ask your permission before contacting you with marketing information. We do this by asking for your positive confirmation (e.g. by providing a tick or inserting your contact details in the relevant boxes) indicating that you wish to receive marketing and you can opt out at any time. This ensures you only receive information that you have given us permission to send and are willing to receive.
We may use your information to create a profile about you in order to tailor, by automated means, our communication and marketing to you. You can object to such profiling, please see ‘The right to object to automated decision making / profiling’ below.
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for research purposes and / or to ask about your experience using our products as part of a continual programme of customer service improvement. We may contact you by email, telephone, text, social media and / or mail. We may also use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
The length of time we retain your information for depends on the purpose of this information. For example (list is not exclusive):
- For the purposes of marketing: 3 years from point of consent
- For compliance with legal obligations arising from contracts entered into with you, for example tax regulations: 7 years
We will remove your data from our systems at the end of the applicable data retention periods, unless we are required by current or future law to retain your personal information for a longer period.
To protect your information, we have policies and procedures in place to make sure that only authorised personnel can access the information, that information is handled and stored in a secure and sensible manner and all systems that can access the information have proportionate and reasonable security measures in place.
While we take commercially reasonable measures to ensure the safety and security of your data, due to the inherent risks with the Internet, we are unable to warranty the absolute security of your data when using our services.
When our order form asks users to enter sensitive information (such as credit card number and/or social security number), that information is encrypted and is protected with the best encryption software in the industry - SSL. While on a secure page, such as our order form, the lock icon on the bottom of Web browsers such as Netscape Navigator and Microsoft Internet Explorer becomes locked, as opposed to un-locked, or open, when users are just 'surfing'. While we use SSL encryption to protect sensitive information online, we also do everything in our power to protect user-information off-line.
Transfers of your information out of the EEA
We may from time to time need to transfer your personal information to support partners which are located outside the European Economic Area, for the purpose of ensuring our websites are operating correctly or in relation to third parties to whom we share your data. Any transfer of your data will be subject to adequate levels of protection that will safeguard your privacy rights and give you remedies in the unlikely event of a security breach.
You have the following rights with regards to the information we hold about you. Please note, that in order to process any of the requests listed below, we may need to verify your identity for your security.
- The right to access information we hold about you
- The right to correct and update the information we hold about you
- The right to request that we delete the information we hold about you
- The right to object to processing of your data
- The right to ask us to stop contacting you with direct marketing
- The right to object to automated decision making / profiling
- The right to complain – you can make a complaint to us by contacting us via email@example.com
Sharing your information
We understand that you care about the use and storage of your personal information and we value your trust in allowing us to do this. We would not want to share this with anyone else unless we have your express consent, we will never disclose, rent, trade or sell your personal information to any third parties for their marketing purposes.
We use Google Analytics to monitor how customers use www.foxfordwoollenmills.com - this information cannot in anyway personally identify a customer other than his/her general geographical location.
We may also provide aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns and related site information to reputable third parties in order to better understand our services, website and overall customer satisfaction which may include personally identifying information.
In the event we go through a business transition, such as a merger, being acquired by another company, or selling a portion of its assets, users' personal information will, in most instances, be part of the assets transferred. Users will be notified via email prior to a change of ownership or control of their personal information. If as a result of the business transition, the users' personally identifiable information will be used in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection they will be given the opportunity to consent to this, prior to the information being used.
We use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page here.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
FACEBOOK - here
GOOGLE - here
BING - here
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal here
Though we make every effort to preserve user privacy, we may need to disclose personal information when required by law wherein we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on our Web sites.
Our website may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our sites and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by us.
Notification of Changes
If, however, we are going to use users' personally identifiable information in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection we will notify users via email. Users will have a choice as to whether or not we use their information in this different manner. However, if users have opted out of all communication with the sites, or deleted/deactivated their account, then they will not be contacted, nor will their personal information be used in this new manner.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement please contact us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on +353 94 9256104. You can also write to us at: Foxford Woollen Mills, Providence Road, Foxford, Co. Mayo.