Wow February has just flown by and we can’t believe it’s Pancake Day already!
We know it can be a struggle to make the perfect pancake, it either sticks to the pan, is too thick or falls apart when you flip it!
Not too worry our Head Chef Kathleen has shared her recipe so you can make perfect fluffy pancakes in your home.
135g Plain Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
½ tsp Salt
2 tbsp Caster Sugar
1 Large Eggs
2 tbsp Melted Butter
1 tbsp Butter (for cooking)
1. Sift the plain flour, baking powder, salt and caster sugar and mix together.
2. Spilt your egg, separating your egg yolk and whites.
3. Lightly mix your egg yolk and the milk together.
4. Whip your egg whites separately.
5. Add you milk mixture to the flour mixture and mix until the batter is smooth.
6. Then add your melted butter and fold in the egg whites.
7. Heat a non-stick frying pan on a medium heat and add a tablespoon of butter. 8. Once melted add a ladle of the batter
9. Once the pancake starts to bubble it’s ready to turn, cook until both sides are golden brown.
10. Then add toppings of your choice.
We love seeing your food creations so make sure to send us your snaps of you recreating our pancake recipe!